Listen Live on  


NewsRadio - Cincinnati, OH

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow
Posted Tuesday, July 29th 2014 @ 11am  by Newsy, a Newser Video Partne

(NEWSER) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least. Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell. Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept. Newsy reports:

PHOTO: Newser

Recommended Stories

More from 700WLW