(Evanston) The Cincinnati Fire Department and the District Fire Chief Gregory A. Potter, rushed to 1846 Kinney Ave to arrive to a fire that occurred at around 4 a.m. Wednesday.
“Light” smoke was reported on the first floor of the 2.5 story building. Firefighters discovered that the fire came from the rear of the basement and was due to combustibles being too close to a water heater.
No operating smoke detectors were found in the building.
Firefighters put out the fire in less than 10 minutes.
The damage is estimated to be $5,000 and no one was injured.